September 23, 2012

Dear Homework - Story 2

It was 20th September. Current time–9:05 PM. I checked my to-do list –
  • Bengali - nearly 12 pages of homework
  • Maths - Ratio - 10 sums
  • ISA Project Letter


I calculated the time which will be taken by each and came to the conclusion that it will be 12 o’clock by the time I finish everything. I was absolutely taken aback by the idea of even trying. Finally, I convinced myself that “I can do it” (doesn’t work too effectively though).  I worked like workaholic and wrote really fast but my handwriting was nothing – just merely legible scribbles. By the time it was 9, my whole body was joggling with the continuous movement of my hand. I realized I shouldn’t have been shirking my duties. I thought of the way I could escape doing all. But my brain clearly answered, “None”. So, there was I lost to the world; working as a loner with no means to escape. I finally broke my train of reverie with a jerk and again started to work. I finally had my dinner at 11 and went to work again. I reviled my brain for making me such a shirker. At 11:50, I somehow finished all my homework except Maths. But, by then I was so sleepy, I already felt like hallucinating. Before I went to sleep I just prayed to God that the Maths teacher was absent tomorrow. So, let’s see if God listens to the prayers of a small, gullible (ok, maybe not) child.

N.B. You will not realize the amount of work till the eleventh hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for commenting.