September 30, 2012

Oh! Damn it, my nose - Story 3


It was a fine, nice morning. Must be the second period or so. Ma’am had not yet arrived, so as usual, everyone was playing, chatting and doing whatever they liked. I was sitting and chatting with my friends. Suddenly, my concentration shifted to Pritam. He was playing all alone with a ball. I wanted to play so I politely asked him if I could and he agreed without hesitation. Suddenly, after about 5 minutes of play, I don’t know what struck him, he threw a pencil at me. And there it hit me – right on the nose, beside my left eye.
Instantly, the wound started bleeding (anyway, that’s what was expected).

The next part went pretty fast. First of all, my nose looked revolting. Secondly, the expert comments which was being passed around. Although, they weren’t disgusting, they were irritating. Third of all, my nose was paining so much (that’s usual, isn’t it?)
“Pritam’s gone. What punishment will he get?” somebody said.
“Ankit’s day is only bad,” said another.
“What happened to Ankit?”
“Was the pencil sharp or blunt?”
All these comments flooded my ears. But as usual, Pritam’s voice was the loudest in the buzz talk, “I didn’t do it purposely. It was an accident. I did it mistakenly.”

I was rushed to the infirmary with two of my friends by my side. So, I went there and the two nurses treated me commenting that I was so lucky to escape my eye and finally after 10 minutes of bandaging and stuff, I returned to class. By the end of the day, the topic of the buzz talks shifted from my nose to the consequences which Pritam received.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for commenting.